Monday, February 20, 2012

pen pals?


So this is it, I’m at the SF airport waiting for my flight to Dallas where we will have Peace Corps staging. Staging is basically just a day long get to know you with all the other volunteers in my project and a whole lot of paper work….I’m really excited to meet all the volunteers, and equally not excited for paper work haha. 

I literally have my weight in baggage so it should be very entertaining to see how I manage trying to roll my giant suitcase down Costa Rican dirt roads.  Surprisingly I’m not really feeling too nervous yet considering I’m about to ship out for 2 years. Who knows when the nerves will hit me, it may not be till I’m on my flight to Costa Rica, or who knows it may not be till I pull up to my host families house next Sunday.  Mostly right now I’m just really excited to start this adventure and explore a new and beautiful country.  I’m also excited to continue on with my passion for the Spanish language.

I would love to have some pen pals while I’m living in Costa Rica, because as great as skype and facebook are for staying in touch, getting some tangible snail mail is always great.  So send me your address as well.

Below is my address
Tara Apriletti,PCT
Cuerpo de Paz
 Apartado Postal 1266-1000
San Jose, Costa Rica

P.S. also as a side note for people who are thinking about coming to visit me in Costa Rica my parents have some education books etc, for me so if you have extra space in your bags hook it up J

No comments:

Post a Comment